Export an inventory to Xactimate and XactContents
You can export inventory items to XactNet addresses, which can then import into supported versions of Xactimate and XactContents.
- Within a job, select the Inventory tab.
- Click .
- Complete the Send Inventory to Xactimate form (see the inventory options below).
- Click .
Export inventory options
- Items to export
- Export all inventory items.
- Only export inventory items with a certain status.
- Exclude Internal Notes
- Select to exclude internal notes on the exported items.
- Exclude Images
- Select to remove all the images from the export.
- Consolidate by Category/Selector Combination
- Select to combine line items that have the same Category/Selector combination.
- Consolidate Rooms
- Select to consolidate line items, as explained above, within each room of the job.
- Send to XactNet Address
- Enter the XactNet address that corresponds with the user to whom you want to send the inventory. You can find your XactNet address inside of Xactimate after you select your profile icon, which is in the top-right corner of the page.
Importing to Xactimate desktop
After you send your inventory from ContentsTrack to Xactimate, a notification appears inside Xactimate letting you know that new contents data is available.
- Select the bell icon in the top-right corner of Xactimate desktop. Notifications appear in a dropdown window.
- Select Merge at the bottom of the Contents Inventory notification.
- In the next box that appears, select the project from your Local Projects list with which you want the contents inventory to merge. Select the merge button.
- Request a price list by location or name as prompted in the next pop-up window.