Object Recognition in ContentsTrack iOS
Our new Object Recognition tool simplifies the line item workflow by automatically filling in some data on objects it identifies. It recognizes hundreds of different items and is constantly updating and adding more objects to its inventory.
To access this feature on your Apple device, you must have the latest version of ContentsTrack and iOS 11 or newer. Object Recognition will be available on Android devices at a future date.
Enabling Object Recognition in ContentsTrack iOS
- Make sure your ContentsTrack app is up to date.
- Open the app and enter your login credentials.
- Go to your account profile and tap Settings.
- Slide the toggle to turn on Object Recognition.
Using Object Recognition
- Open a task and select a room.
- Tap the blue plus button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap Object Recognition.
- Below the camera view, select an object status from the four options: Clean, Replace, Questionable, or Storage.
- Point the small gray target in the camera view towards your object. Tap the long blue button at the base of the screen to capture the image.
- If possible, take a picture of the entire item instead of close-up images of specific parts or pieces. This will make it easier for the Object Recognition tool to identify the item accurately.
- If your object isn’t being identified correctly, click “Not your item?” below the blue button. This will automatically bring up the classic item entry page.
- A new page will appear that identifies the object you photographed. You can select specific item information from the list on this screen.
- The classic item entry page will appear. You can use this page to scan bar codes, describe the object’s condition, add comments, and more.
- To add more photos for this object, swipe down on the item inventory page.
- Hit save.
- You will automatically be redirected to the Object Recognition page so you can add more items.